Friday, September 15, 2006

tumhare shehr ka mausum bara suhana lagay
mein aik shaam chura lu agar bura na lagay

they say autumn in georgetown is beautiful
i see shades of the drowning sun fading in to green of life
the breeze blows with a freedom of its own
it whispers in my ears nostalgia of a land far away
autumn in my city has colors of its own
it is green and rust beyond the hues of this mass of trees around me

the leaves in my city flew with the winds with a limitation of their own
they sailed with the breeze yet never let go of their origins
i feel my roots buried in their limited freedom
i feel my will planted in the shoots of green that never turned gold
white that was never pure enough
a crescent that never shone bright enough
a star that never turned in to a constellatin
i miss my idealistic constellation
i miss my crescent without peace
i miss my green and white
and the void between

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home