Friday, September 29, 2006

the shades of life burn bright before fading in to the dark of the night
the sun cries tears for all humanity
much that the red of suffering sublimes in to the black of silence

the colors of silence are stronger than the tones hidden in words
the hues of whispers fail to salvage the intensity of nothingness

the hollowness returns ever again to haunt being
devoid of purpose and reason life is absurd in itself

pastel sunsets and green leaves sailing with the breeze
offer aesthetic pursuits and inspirations to the wanderer
but the souls lost within the self find no peace

i feel no peace without turmoil
the oceans the calm for now
the winds have made peace with the moon

why must the sun set now
why does the morning bring me no glory

i find myself accomplished and with reasons to be joyous
why do i not feel the happiness showered upon me

i set out with company
i isolated myself in awe of solitude

loneliness drenched me bitter and cold
it loaded my thoughts with uncertainty and despair

emotions and feelings kept me warm to the point my soul could bear it
i feaigned indiffernce in the name of survival

i survived the calamities of time and association
i conquered affinities that brought me anguish often

i was sheltered and well fed in my covers
why did life reveal itself to me again

i feel alive in my breath and beat
why must my nerves be pricked by agony again

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home